them in mind
Memory Support Village Bethania
Groundbreaking dementia care
Memory Lanes at Palm Lake Care Bethania heralds an entirely new approach to caring for dementia. Breaking away from the isolated hospital style setting, Memory Lanes is modelled on a village square surrounded by cottages concept, where residents are encouraged to move freely.
A large amount of planning and resources has gone into the groundbreaking concept. Every surface and corner has been considered to create interest, reduce stress or confusion, and place easily identifiable landmarks for orientation whilst encouraging discovery, using a whole new way of thinking. For too long the solution to dementia sufferers has been restricting their movement and organising their time, which study shows is exacerbating decline and anxiety. Memory Lanes changes all that, allowing residents to move freely in a secure area, and eat and sleep when they wish.
34 extra large, light filled suites and 1.5 acres of specially designed gardens, gazebos, coloured walkways and wandering paths have been created to make this a very special community.
Memory Lanes Suites
- Spacious private suite for single or couples to stay together (couple’s occupancy includes additional single suite which can be used as second bedroom or living area)
- Large private ensuite
- Walk in robe
- Direct access to outdoors allowing fresh air to circulate
- Fully electric bed with pressure relieving mattress
- Television wall mounted
- Window furnishings and armchair
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Direct dial telephone
- 24 hour specialist dementia nursing care
Maximum prices shown may not apply to you
Some people may only be required to pay the basic daily fee if their assessable assets are below the threshold and their only income is the standard aged pension.
You have 28 days to decide on how to pay:
1. A lump sum Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) or Contribution (RAC)
2. Rental style Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP) or Contribution (DAC)
3. Combination part lump sum and part ongoing payments with a drawdown option
- Government mandated fixed interest applies if accommodation is not paid in full
- Full daily accommodation charges apply until a lump sum is paid or Department of Human Services advice dictating a lesser amount is received
- Lump sums are refunded in full, less any deductions you choose, within 14 days of discharge or receipt of deed of probate.
Empowering people with freedoms
The relaxed environment inspires and motivates residents to interact on a daily basis. Memory Lanes features 34 spacious, light filled suites with some extra large couples retreats keeping families together; all within 1.5 acres of specially designed gardens, gazebos, coloured walkways and wandering paths. Residents have complete liberty here to help tend to our vegetable and flower gardens, get involved in the workshop and other activities, and join the Palm Lake Bethania Community for regular events and activities.
Our team has been carefully selected and trained to provide true person-centred care, empowering people with freedoms, responsibility and social interaction.
Person-centred without uniforms
Every team member at Memory Lanes has been handpicked and given additional in-depth training in true person-centred care, empowering people with freedoms, responsibility and social interaction. Removing uniforms, to reduce the idea of an institution and make it more like a community, is also crucial to helping people feel like they are amongst friends and not authority figures.
The result is a noticeable reduction in anxiety, stress and confusion, and a far happier community.
We’re here to help make your aged care options clear
Placing a loved one in aged care can be complicated. Our Care Solutions service gives clarity during an often confusing time, helping to tailor fees and financial arrangements to create the right solution for individual circumstances.
Get in touch today
Drop us a line or simply freecall 1800 246 677 for new enquiries or call the community of your choosing directly to talk with one of the friendly Palm Lake team.
Palm Lake Care Memory Lanes. 1 Goodooga Drive, Bethania QLD 4205. | P 07 3086 3000 | F 07 3086 3199