In keeping with the fundamental philosophies of Palm Lake Care, our dementia care, or ‘memory support’ is about providing support so a resident can live as normal a life as possible. Even though a person’s ability to undertake normal daily activities may be reduced, they should be seen as a person first and their condition second. This is the basic premise of our ‘Person-centred care’.
Making a residential care decision about a person with dementia, no matter what the stage, is difficult and stressful for all concerned. Our role is to help support all those involved, and Our Care Solutions team are here to help with the tough questions.
Providing a familiar and constant environment with active involvement by family and friends is important.
It’s about the person
Our Palm Lake Care Promise is that each resident has a personalised care plan, that is created in consultation with family, physician and the resident themselves. We call this true-person-centred care, and the difference is incredible. People who may have become withdrawn and insular in an isolated home care environment or other aged care communities, often blossom and ‘come back to life’ at Palm Lake Care.
That is why Palm Lake Care has a unique approach to memory support. Most residents can live happily in our general community and function normally day to day, with additional support by our teams. Our goal is to normalise lifestyles, and for residents to remain independent and included as much as possible in everyday activities. The social and intellectual interaction provides a greater stimulation and helps minimise symptoms.
Our Bethania community has a purpose-designed specialist memory support community called Memory Lanes. A completely new approach with gardens the residents can help in, flexible meal times and therapy pets.
To learn more, please visit our Memory Lanes page.
Talk to our Care Solutions team who will develop a tailored plan but be prepared for the following.
- Aged Care Assessment confirms government subsidies toward approved care. Contact My Aged Care 1800 200 422 to arrange.
- Enduring Power of Attorney confirms the decision making authority. We need to sight the original or hold a certified copy on file.
- Application form available when you tour or contact Care Solutions who will email it to you.
Fees & charges help
The Care Solutions Team at Palm Lake Care are a FREE service to help families and health professionals find the right care solution. We give clarity with fees and charges information tailored to individual circumstances and we help secure a suitable vacancy regardless of finances.
Contact us today on 1800 246 677 .
Dementia care features
- Spacious private suites with ensuites for couples or singles
- Ability to wander freely within secured perimeter
- Qualified, specialist dementia trained multi-disciplinary teams for continuity of care
- Fully electric bed with pressure relieving mattress
- Optional Interior Designed luxury furniture packages
- Movie theatre
- Arts and crafts
- Regular live entertainment
- Happy hour
- Onsite salon
- Community bus
- Internet access & video calling
- Allied Health services
Dementia care availability
Check for Palm Lake Care suites available in your area.