Toowoomba | Casual
Do you have a passion for making a difference in the Aged Care Sector? Do you want to grow a long term career?
Our newest built community, Palm Lake Care Toowoomba, are looking for casual and part time Registered Nurses. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of creating a building site into a home for our residents. Your role is key in the admission process for our new residents and building strong relationships with both residents and their families. As one of the first faces for our residents, you will be pivotal in creating a caring community.
Enhance your education and qualifications with some exceptional experience in our aged caring community. Join our service oriented team to bring quality care to each of our residents.
Do you have…
- a Bachelor of Nursing?
- a sound understanding of the new Aged Care Quality standards
- at least 2 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse
- a current AHPRA registration?
- demonstrated experience in medication management, clinical skills and documentation?
- experience in the aged care sector?
- a National Police Check?
- Annual influenza & COVID vaccination evidence
- enjoy working with mature age residents?
- have great people skills?
- like to work as part of a close knit team?
- have commitment to your job?
- need flexibility and job security?
- lead a team of carers to deliver best practice healthcare to every resident
- provide comprehensive nursing assessments
- assist in the planning and implementation of nursing care for individuals
- manage medication administration
- liaison with medical practitioners
- liaison with family members
- at all times provide nursing services which enhance independence, integrity and lifestyle
Our people are our greatest strength.
Palm Lake Care team members work together to create a community of care, safety and dignity.
You will be expected to deliver all aspects of nursing care to every resident in accordance with our policies and procedures. These are in place to ensure the dignity and integrity of each resident and foster their independence and choice. If you are able to execute your tasks with accuracy, empathy, reliability and integrity, then you are the right person for us!
More than a job.
You already know that nursing is a passion, and once you join our extended community, you will find an opportunity to help that passion grow and make a real difference. Each resident is someone’s sister, brother, mother or spouse – not a patient, and this community is their home. Their respect and care means everything to us, and your role will help us bring real change to aged care whilst providing the best quality nursing and personal care possible.
What can we offer you?
You will be part of a strong team in an exceptional work environment with flexible shifts to suit your lifestyle and circumstance. Our community works around a 14 day roster. We offer a variety of shifts to cover planned and unplanned leave and pay competitive rates and allowances, with weekend and night shifts available at penalty rates.
Our culture fosters empowerment and transparency in a supportive environment where we encourage further learning and on the job training to extend skills, experience and genuine careers and education pathways.
And of course, your work is important and will give you the satisfaction of helping older Australians live their days with dignity, respect and independence.
All applicants must be willing to provide a valid national police check, annual influenza & COVID vaccination and undergo a pre-employment medical assessment. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If this role sounds perfect for you, please apply today!
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Palm Lake Care’s Aged Care Residences are smoke-free workplaces.
Upload your CV as PDF or word document below.