Personal Care Assistants
Toowoomba | Casual
Brightening people’s lives with empathy and care
Join our team at Palm Lake Care as a Personal Care Assistant. Be part of a unique experience in bringing a building site into a home for our residents. Set to open in November, Toowoomba is the newest Aged Care Community for Palm Lake Care.
At Palm Lake Care, we strive to do things differently, reinventing what aged care is to create a better, safer and more comfortable environment for each resident. Our team continuously looks for ways to make improvements that benefit each resident and their families.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you have the opportunity to create meaningful connections with each resident while helping them maintain their dignity and grace through an often challenging time in their life. How we treat people conveys everything about us as a company and you as an individual.
From little things, big joys come.
Our people empower each resident in independence, choice and decision making. We listen and support their right to take risks and be heard. We understand that the little things we take for granted can matter a lot to them. Your care and attention to the details are what make every individual feel seen, heard and appreciated.
Under the guidance of our Registered Nurses, your role will be to deliver quality care to each resident and assist them in the activities of daily living including mobility, nutrition, hygiene and grooming. We want people who are willing to go above and beyond for our residents, and are open to working across multi-disciplinary teams.
Enhancing the dignity and integrity of each resident’s independence is a passion for us, providing moments of joy in their day that show them they are special. You will be part of the team that helps deliver this, every day. Palm Lake Care is our residents’ home. We respect their privacy, dignity and independence and we ensure that they are able to live a comfortable and full life with us.
Our community works around a 14 day roster with a variety of shifts. You will have the ability to work weekend shifts, attracting competitive penalty rates.
An organisation that strives for change
At Palm Lake Care, you will find an organisation with a passion to do things differently for the elders of our community, who have helped build the country and lifestyle we enjoy. These are not just residents, or customers – they are someone’s mother, father, sibling or spouse.
As one of the leading companies in aged care, we pride ourselves on our innovations, ethics and sustainability. Everything we do reflects our commitment and our humanity, as individuals and as a team.
If you gain job satisfaction from a rewarding job, then this a great opportunity to make an incredible difference to people’s lives and health.
A few obvious things:
- Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent
- Experience working in an Australian Aged Care Facility
- Understanding of the new Aged Care Quality standards
- Focus on being team orientated to achieve the best possible outcomes for our residents
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Empathy and genuine care for elderly residents and their families
- Knowledge of ACFI is advantageous
- Knowledge of Autumn Care is highly regarded
- All applicants must be willing to provide a valid national police check, annual influenza & COVID vaccination evidence and undergo a pre-employment medical assessment
What we can offer:
- Competitive allowances and penalty rates for weekend shifts
- Excellent working conditions with a focus on care for our employees
- Variety of hours with the opportunity to work shifts that suit your lifestyle
- Training specifically designed to support you in your role
- Being a part of a family focused organisation, dedicated to supporting our aging population
All applicants must be willing to provide a valid national police check, annual influenza & COVID vaccination and undergo a pre-employment medical assessment.
If this role sounds perfect for you, please apply today!
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Palm Lake Care’s Aged Care Residences are smoke-free workplaces.