Toowoomba | Part Time
Palm Lake Care’s award winning Toowoomba Community is currently looking for a passionate Housekeepers to work in our Housekeeping team.
A happy home makes a difference
Each resident is someone’s mother, father, spouse or sibling, and our community is their home. Creating that homely environment is a passion for all of us, and we’re looking for someone with the same energy we have. Our person-centred care approach drives every decision to make each resident as comfortable as possible.
It’s all about care
If you love helping people, then your role in our community will make an incredible difference to each residents’ lives and health. Cleanliness is at the forefront of health in an aged care community, and your position here will be responsible for ensuring our residents are comfortable with the cleanliness of their suite and the broader community areas. Common areas will be cleaned daily including the removal of rubbish, dusting, vacuuming and mopping.
We are looking for someone with a great attitude who is ready and willing to learn. Above all you will have empathy and a genuine care for each resident.
A team, top to bottom
As a family owned and operated community, family values are what drives us. Every person here is part of a team that works together with the same goal to make Palm Lake Care perfect from top to bottom.
We pride ourselves on paying attention to the smallest detail, and under the guidance of our Housekeeping Team Leader, your housekeeper position will make you essential to the things that make a house a home.
Keeping our family healthy
A community of vulnerable elderly presents health challenges that requires a hygienic environment. From dust and infection control to occupational health and safety, and an understanding of the role cleaning chemicals play in elder health, we are looking for a person with initiative and motivated problem solving skills to contribute to our culture of safety for all residents.
Striving for change
Palm Lake Care is an innovative organisation with four existing aged caring communities and four more to open. We don’t want to be the biggest, but we do want to be the best, and strive to be leading clinical and personal care through our innovations, ethics and sustainability. Everything we do reflects our commitment and our humanity, as individuals and as a team.
A few obvious things:
- Experience in cleaning, preferably within aged care communities
- An understanding of the role cleaning chemicals plays in elderly health
- Excellent hygiene standards
- Ability to work around a seven day roster with a variety of shifts inclusive of covering planned and unplanned leave
- Readiness and willing to learn new skills
- Management of priorities and initiative
- All applicants must be willing to provide a valid national police check, provide evidence of flu and covid 19 vaccinations and undergo a pre-employment medical assessment.
What we can offer:
- Competitive allowances and penalty rates for weekend shifts
- Excellent working conditions with a focus of care for our employees
- Opportunity to work in a stunning community with high quality equipment
- Variety of hours with the opportunity to work shifts that suit your lifestyle
- Genuine career opportunity with on the job training and online training specifically designed to support you in your role
- Being a part of a family focused organisation, dedicated to supporting our aging population
For more information and confidential discussion about this opportunity contact PLCRecruitment@palmlake.com.au
If this role sounds perfect for you, please apply today!
Please note we do not offer sponsorship.