Food Service Assistants
Beachmere | Part Time
Our Park Lake Care’s Beachmere Aged Care Community is looking for Casual and Part time Food Service Assistants ready to turn their passion into purpose.
Here at Palm Lake Care we have strong foundations in family values, which stems from being a family-owned-and-run business. We are committed to innovation and leadership at all levels to attract and retain quality people who care.
Reporting directly to the Chef Manager, your role will be an integral part of the team responsible for:
- The preparation of serving nutritious and attractive meals to our residents
- Working with the Cook to ensure meals are plated and presented in an attractive and appeasing manner
- Understanding and respecting our residents preferences and ensuring all food and beverage is served accordingly
- Serving and distribution of morning and afternoon teas
- Assisting the Cook with the ordering and rotating of food stocks
- The cleaning of dishes after each meal ensuring a high standard of cleanliness is maintained for our residents
- Delivering excellent customer service to our residents and their families
What we are looking for:
- Motivated individuals focused on providing the best support for our residents
- Readiness and willing to learn new skills
- The ability to manage competing priorities and take initiative
- Ability to work as a part of a team in a proactive support role to cook
- Excellent hygiene standards
- Prior experience in a similar role within Aged Care (considered favorably)
- A Knowledge of Food Safety Standards is desirable
- Annual influenza and covid vaccination evidence
- Valid national police check
What we can offer:
- A brand new 5 star facility and an energetic team
- Competitive allowances and penalty rates for weekend shifts
- Excellent working conditions with a focus of care for our employees
- Variety of hours with the opportunity to work shifts that suit your lifestyle
- Genuine career opportunity with on the job training and online training specifically designed to support you in your role
- Being a part of a family focused organisation, dedicated to supporting our aging population
We are looking for someone with a great attitude who is ready and willing to learn. Above all you will have empathy and a genuine care for our residents.
If this role sounds perfect for you, please apply today!