Beachmere | Full Time
Permanent full time role
A unique leadership opportunity to enhance people’s lives
At Palm Lake Care, we strive to do things differently, reinventing what aged care is to create a better, safer and more comfortable environment for each resident. We are a family owned and operated company with over 40 years of experience who want to be the best – not the biggest. Our team has passion and drive because we know we can make a difference. Set to open in the coming months, Beachmere is the newest Aged Care Community for Palm Lake Care.
If you continuously look for ways to make improvements that benefit every resident and their family believing you can achieve something better, bring your ideas and energy and join us. Reporting to the Clinical Manager you will have the support and resources to bring those ideas to life and lead your clinical and care team to really make a difference.
Your responsibility, under the guidance of the Clinical Manager is to manage the overall provision of evidence-based, high quality clinical care. You will assist the Clinical Manager in the leadership, mentoring and operational direction for staff. You will be responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of care provision and act as clinical consultant for nursing care matters.
Be part of a rare team
We value and celebrate people who care and take ownership. If you have the passion and proven leadership to bring real change to aged care, then this is the place for you. As one of the leading companies in aged care, we pride ourselves on our innovations, ethics and sustainability. Everything we do reflects our commitment and our humanity, as individuals and as a team.
If you yearn for the resources to make an incredible difference to people’s lives and health through truly rewarding work, then this your great opportunity.
A few obvious things:
- Bachelor of Nursing with current APHRA registration
- Three years’ experience in a senior nursing position within a Residential Aged Care Service
- Demonstrated understanding and exposure to the new Aged Care Quality standards
- Gerontology Certificate / Diploma or willingness to undertake same
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance Programs
- Proven communicator with all levels of management, staff, care recipients and their representatives
- Highly developed interpersonal communication and negotiation skills, particularly in the development and maintenance of relationships with older people, general practitioners and other healthcare providers
- Knowledge of Autumn Care would be highly regarded
- All applicants must be willing to provide a valid national police check and undergo a pre-employment medical assessment
What you will be doing:
- Approachable leadership by example, mentoring a multi-disciplinary team across the clinical and care realm
- Effective communication encouraging each resident and their representative’s involvement in the development and implementation of care plans
- Take responsibility to ensure care provided to every resident is evidence based best practice and reflected in accurate documentation
- Maintain current knowledge of legislated and best practice requirements and changes
- Participate in end to end recruitment, replacement and assessment of employees as required
- Assist in the preparation of rosters on a fortnightly basis
- Assist with the development and implementation of the management system
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to create a brand new 5 star Community building your own energetic team
- Collaboration and support with a highly innovative and energetic Central Support Team focused on continuous improvement
- Excellent working conditions with a focus of care for our employees
- Genuine career opportunity with on the job training specifically designed to support you in your role
- Being a part of a family focused organisation, dedicated to supporting our aging population
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
All applicants must be willing to provide a valid national police check, influenza and COVID vaccination evidence and undergo a pre-employment medical assessment. If this role sounds perfect for you, please apply today!
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Palm Lake Care’s Aged Care Residences are smoke-free workplaces.