Bargara | Full Time
A seachange location with 12 months accommodation package on offer
Create food that makes a difference.
If you long for a more rewarding career in food services, then our innovative aged caring community in Bargara is the right time and place to make a difference. Positioned on Queensland’s Southern Great Barrier Reef, Bargara is a beautiful beachside location with an enviable lifestyle for that seachange you’ve always dreamt of.
Gone are the nursing homes of yesteryear, and thankfully so are their food menus. This is a modern, bright, vibrant 5-star luxury community with a strong focus on the dining experience.
Our dining rooms, kitchens and services are based on restaurant standards. Kitchens are fitted out with the best brands of equipment to make your job easier and efficient, including Rational ovens, Vario cooking centres and Robot coupe.
The position will place you at the forefront of change, and give you the chance to help reinvent the way our elders dine, blending nutrition, flavours and presentation to restaurant quality.
Be a superstar where it matters. To our families.
At Palm Lake Care, you will find an organisation with a passion to do things differently for the elders of our community, who have helped build the country and lifestyle we enjoy. These are not just residents, or customers. They are family.
If you gain satisfaction from a rewarding job, then our Chef Manager role provides the opportunity to lead a team and serve people who really enjoy food, and see the difference it makes in their lives and health.
Work/life balance and a real team
Food services and hospitality is often about late nights, keeping people away from their families, but meal structures at our communities mean most meals are during the day, leaving the evenings free for you.
Here, you will lead a structured team with a central support service, processes, respect, quality systems, regular reporting and compliance monitoring to guide you and ensure we provide the very best we can.
An organisation that strives for change
Palm Lake Care is an innovative organisation with four existing aged caring communities and two new ones under construction. As one of the leading companies in aged care, we pride ourselves on our innovations, ethics and sustainability. Everything we do reflects our commitment and our humanity, as individuals and as a team.
A few obvious things:
- Minimum Certificate III Commercial Cooking qualification
- Ability to work weekends
- A minimum of 5 years commercial cooking experience
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Experience working in an Australian Aged Care Facility would be highly regarded
- Empathy with elderly residents and their families
- All applicants must be willing to provide a valid national police check and undergo a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Please note, we do not offer sponsorship
What we can offer:
- Competitive allowances and penalty rates for weekend shifts
- 12 months accommodation on offer, if required
- Excellent working conditions with a focus of care for our employees
- 4 days on the floor, 1 day off the floor
- Variety of hours and opportunity to work shifts that suit your lifestyle
- Genuine career opportunity with on the job and online training specifically designed to support you in your role
- Being a part of a family focused organisation, dedicated to supporting our ageing population
For more information and confidential discussion about this opportunity contact PLCRecruitment@palmlake.com.au
Upload your CV as PDF or word document below.