Beachmere | Part Time
An innovative organisation at the forefront of change
Being a part of the Palm Lake Care family means having the highest standards to making positive differences in our residents’ lives. As one of the leading companies in aged care with six existing aged caring communities and new ones under construction, we pride ourselves on our ethics and sustainability.
Meals that change people’s lives
Be part of a culinary team that understands meals are more than menus.
At Palm Lake Care, we strive to do things differently, reinventing what aged care is to create better, safer and more comfortable home environments for our residents. Our newest community, Palm Lake Care Beachmere is currently recruiting for part time and casual Chefs and Cooks.
Our chefs are masters at the art of blending delicate flavours whilst ensuring dietary, nutrition and hydration requirements. Your role in our team will be to enhance this experience.
Make a difference with our dining connection
Dining is often the highlight of our residents’ day, and a chance to create social connections. Your role will be to help make their dining experience as special as it can be. You will have the chance to manage special diets and help grant the wishes of our residents, whilst meeting their needs.
As part of our kitchen family, you will work directly with the Chef Manager in the team responsible for the presentation, cooking and serving of our meals, and providing a safe and high quality service.
If you like a fast paced, challenging role with the ability to work shifts that suit your lifestyle with the option to work a variety of hours, then talk to us.
A few obvious things
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Effective communication skills and orientation towards staff development
- Demonstrated ability to manage a busy kitchen with many staff
- Two (2) years’ experience as a Chef
- Knowledge of good hygiene practices
- A Food Safety Supervisor Certificate is desirable
- Experience working in an Australian Aged Care Facility would be highly regarded
- A great attitude and empathy with elderly residents and their families
What we can offer:
- Competitive allowances and penalty rates for weekend shifts
- Excellent working conditions with a focus on care for our employees
- Variety of hours with the opportunity to work shifts that suit your lifestyle
- Opportunity to work in a stunning community with high quality equipment
- Genuine career opportunity with on the job training and online training specifically designed to support you in your role
- Being a part of a family focused organisation, dedicated to supporting our aging population
All applicants must be willing to provide a valid national police check, annual Influenza and Covid 19 vaccinations and undergo a pre-employment medical assessment. If this role sounds perfect for you, please apply today!
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Palm Lake Care’s Aged Care Residences are smoke-free workplaces.